Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Who Doesn't Like Ice Cream?

Truth is...I don't like ice cream.  I can't really explain why, but I can tell you I have tried just about every kind, seeing as how my husband is a connoisseur of the stuff..and I just really don't like it. I don't think it is because it is cold, because, well I like other cold foods.  I don't think it is because it is sweet, again because I like other sweets.  I don't believe it is the texture either.  I have really thought about this, mostly because the majority of people I talk to that find out I don't like ice cream think I am crazy. (So I have often wondered if "they" were right)  My hubby tried a new flavor, carrot cake, the other night.. (even after all of our years together he still asks me if I want a bite of any kind he is eating)  I will partake every so often, in the off chance I might like one of these tastes.  I like carrot cake, maybe I would like ice cream that tastes like it. The conclusion I have come to; I just think ice cream is plain and simply yuck, I would rather have a nice cooked savory dinner anytime over this treat.  Sorry folks, I just don't think this is something I will ever learn to enjoy as much as the rest of you.

3 comments:

  1. Tami,

    I love the idea of you having a blog...and I love the name of it!

    Hey, you are amazing when it comes to ice cream. It is difficult for me to understand, but isn't it great that we have individual tastes and the freedom to like or not like anything and everything?

    Love you and I look forward to your random thoughts.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have to say, I like ice cream, but I don't love the stuff. But pie, now that is a different story all together. :)

    I am glad you are starting a blog. I like the idea of using it as a journal. I hope to read lots of fun anecdotes and cute stories about your kids, too. I'm always afraid I will forget all the funny little things my kids do, so recording them is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for blogging! I stopped writing in a journal after having kids, and have found a blog is even better, except sometimes when i really need to process deep stuff. But this is fun! I already knew you didn't like ice cream, and I don't think you're crazy. I think I might have to side with you on the carrot cake ice cream. That sounds kinda yuck!

    ReplyDelete